David E. Schwartz
David Schwartz joined Kralovec, Jambois & Schwartz in 1990. Prior to joining KJS, he was in general practice and served as a local prosecutor in Lake County, Illinois. During his time in Lake County, Mr. Schwartz tried dozens of cases to verdict. Since 2007, David has managed the firm’s collar county office Glen Ellyn. He is currently handling cases in numerous counties, including Du Page, Lake, Will, Kane, Winnebago and McHenry. His primary focuses are medical malpractice cases, automobile accidents and premises liability matters.
Since starting at the firm, Mr. Schwartz has tried well over 30 jury cases to verdict. He has successfully settled hundreds of personal injury cases, including many in excess of one million dollars. He has served as a mock trial judge and has spoken at law school classes on the topic of trial law. His most recent jury trials have conducted with the invaluable assistance of his son Jeffrey. He has for the past several years been recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers and the Leading Lawyers Network in the field of personal injury law and is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Illinois Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
Memberships & Associations
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Du Page County Bar Association, Member
- J.D., De Paul University Law School, 1983
- B.A., Illinois Wesleyan University, 1980
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers, 2009 - 2013, 2016, 2018
- Leading Lawyers, 2012-present
- Martindale-Hubbell, Preeminet Award for High Professional Achievement, 2017
Verdicts & Settlements
- $7,084,000, 18 year old young man paralyzed from the chest down from a shooting at a fast food restaurant. Case was brought and won against Arby’s for failure to provide proper security and contact police when customers were threatened.
- $1,900,000, for loss of an eye against a gun ship for faulty mounting of a rifle scope
- $1,800,000, DuPage County automobile road rage case, wrongful death
- $1,750,000, Winnebago County fall in hospital resulting in neurological injury
- $1,400,000, Will county medical malpractice death of newborn
- $1,350,000, Will County delayed breast cancer diagnosis, subsequent death
- $1,340,000, Kane County death of young child, medical malpractice
- $1,300,000, Will County medical malpractice wrongful death case
- $1,100,000, DeKalb County auto, wrongful death of two 80 year old plaintiffs
- $946,000, Medical malpractice verdict in Will County against surgeon for failing to repair vascular injury from knee replacement and failing to timely refer patient to university hospital.
- $702,000, Product liability verdict in federal court for defective ladder resulting in a heel fracture. Defense attorney and expert had successfully defended over 100 ladder cases prior to this verdict.