Eva E. GolabekPrint Bio
Eva E. Golabek joined Kralovec Jambois & Schwartz as an associate in 2011 to handle matters involving medical and nursing home negligence and personal injury across the state. She has dedicated her practice to serving those who have suffered significant injuries and the families who have lost a loved one, due to negligent care and treatment by medical providers. Her commitments to her clients, diligence, and drive have led to notable results on their behalf.
Between 2012 and 2015, Eva has successfully negotiated over nine million dollars in settlements on behalf of victims in cases involving nursing home and hospital acquired pressure ulcers, falls resulting in injury, malnutrition, dehydration, infection and choking. Additionally, Eva has worked on and settled a variety of personal injury matters, including slip and falls, and automobile accidents.
Her compassion extends beyond her place of employment, and she has served underprivileged communities by volunteering her time and providing pro bono legal services for Chicago Volunteer Legal Services and the Legal Aid Bureau.
Eva obtained her law degree from The John Marshall Law School in 2009 where she was a Moot Court Council member and a Herzog Moot Court Competition Semi-Finalist in 2008. Additionally, she participated in numerous trial competitions including the ABA Labor and Employment Law Competition in 2008, and the American Association of Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competitions in 2008 and 2009.
She earned a bachelor’s degree from Loyola University, Chicago, in 2004, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude and was a member of the Student Honors Association and a National Honors Collegiate Scholar.
Memberships & Associations
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Woman’s Bar Association, Member
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 2009
- B.S., Loyola University (Magna Cum Laude), Chicago, 2004
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018 - Present
Verdicts and Settlements
- $500,000, 54-year old woman who developed a pressure sore in a Chicago area hospital
- $410,000, 54-year old man with severe dementia who choked to death during a meal served to him at an underinsured nursing home
- $389,000, 89-year old woman who suffered multiple falls while at a nursing home
- $315,000 (pre-suit), 39-year old Chicago woman whose car was hit by a truck and resulting in a back injury