Michael S. ShinskyPrint Bio
Michael Shinsky’s serious approach coupled with his extensive trial experience has provided him with the necessary tools to represent his clients with excellent results. After obtaining his law degree with honors in 2001, Michael served as a prosecutor with the Cook County State's Attorney's Office where he rapidly ascended the ranks, prosecuting cases on behalf of children who were abused and neglected.
In 2004, Michael joined the law firm of Kralovec, Jambois & Schwartz where he utilizes those trial skills in pursuit of justice for injured individuals and their families in the civil arena.
Currently, Michael focuses his practice on representing and protecting the legal rights of those who have suffered serious, life-altering personal injuries caused by the negligence of others, and seeking justice for the families of those victims who have lost their lives due to negligence. Michael’s practice focuses on automobile accidents, premises liability, sexual assaults, medical malpractice, wrongful death and nursing home litigation.
Michael has successfully tried several civil jury trials to verdict and has argued in the First District Appellate Courts of Illinois. Michael has been publicly recognized on numerous occasions for the quality of his work and professional successes. In 2001, Michael was the recipient of the Justice Warren Wolfson Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy. Michael was also recognized as one of Illinois’ “40 Under 40 Lawyers to Watch”, an honor achieved by less than 1% of all Illinois lawyers.
- Illinois and U.S. District
- Northern District of Illinois
Memberships & Associations
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- J.D., Chicago Kent College of Law
- Senior Member of the ATLA Trial Team, 2000-2001
- Served as a Judge and Instructor for Trial Advocacy Competitions and Courses
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized as one of Illinois’ “40 Under 40 Lawyers to Watch”
- Recipient of the Warren D. Wolfson Award for Best Trial Advocate, 2001
- Recipient of CALI Award in Trial Advocacy
Verdicts & Settlements
- $6 million, Medical malpractice birth injury case
- $2.7 million, Personal injury resulting in a back injury
- $2 million, Medical malpractice birth injury case
- $2 million, Personal injury resulting in a traumatic brain injury
- $1.5 million, Porch collapse case resulting in back injuries
- $800,000, Automobile accident resulting in a mild traumatic brain injury